Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hospital Visit

Thursday morning I went to see my friends Marc and Amy...are you paying attention? Amy keeps yelling that at me. It must have been Amy's cooking 'cause I ended up in the ER Friday night. Ok...maybe not her cooking but.... As I was saying, I ended up in the ER (however, before hand we managed to get a few gorgeous items at the mall!) So, back to the ER. I was at Marc and Amy's parents house...watching the kids swim...again...Amy asked me if I was feeling ok. I was not feeling ok (very pissy). However, just to be more like the difficult me that I can sometimes be, I decided to tell her, "I'm fine...please eat your dinner and don't worry about me". Amy finally told me, "GENEVA" would you please stop being rediculous, so off we went. We walked into the ER and I told them, "hi, I am hurting, oh, by the way, I have cancer". It was actually quite amazing, they were not busy at all and got me right back into a room. After much pain, and telling them all of the 500 meds I'm on, they gave me a bed. Amy took part of it, and we sat there waiting... Actually they got me some meds pretty quickly, and I went from very pissy to kinda pissy to not as pissy as kinda pissy in a matter of 10 minutes. That's when Amy and I took some rather funny pictures, (I mean why not...I was "slightly drugged" and Amy was rather encouraging! After I was under control, we left with the hopes of never entering their doors again. we entered their doors again 6 hours later. Fortunately most of the same people were working! They took me back again...My machines were not working very well (the ones I was hooked up to...so Amy kept punching me telling me to breath. It could be abuse, however, since she was the only one there at the time, I decided to listen to her! Since then, (Saturday morning) I have been at the hospital. My sister drove up the next day, and she and Amy have been bothering me ever since. Actually, they have been the most wonderful, fabulous, magnificent, BEAUTIFUL two people I have ever seen. Did I mention that Amy is writing this for me and my sister is sitting right next to her! We are in the midst of getting my pain regulated so I can make the trip back to Tulsa, so I can rejoin my fabulous family. It has been an up and down battle, In and out of making sense, laughing and crying, crying and laughing...scans, and more scans, changing that think that hangs out of my side to another thing that hangs out of my side... Miss Dee, my lovely sister, has been quite fabulous...even when she went to the mall and bought clothes without me. I think she needed it, she has not seen the outside of my door in quite some time; however, I do expect her to share her cute new underware...and shoes, and shirt, and pants, and perfume...oh, and socks (I wonder if Tony (bro in law) knows she bought all that stuff!!!???) Anyways, she has been wonderful and I am thankful for her, and she is thankful for me and we are thankful for each other. I love you all, love my family and I have the softest feet in all of Springfield. What else can you do in this hospital other than have people rub your feet with lotion and, have them do it again, and again. That's all from Geneva...

P.S. If the unusual candor of this post has sent you reeling, it's because it was written by Amy, and not Geneva. It's the least she can do after making me come see her and then not even let me stay at her house. G has taken part in it. However, she often begins the sentence making sense...and ends it in a field in Australia. Therefore, here you are!

Much love, Geneva, Denetta, and Amy

4 comments:

Cinda said...

I am so happy to hear (er read) that Geneva is beginning to sound like the sweet and funny goofball that we all know and love! Hurry up and get back here, WE MISS YOU!

Moe said...

Yeah, Amy and Denetta thanks so much for helping G with her blog. I love and miss you G. Hugs and PRAYERS from here. Can't wait for you to get home.

itsjoni said...

I was so excited to see this morning that I had a post from G's Blog. Oh, girl how I miss you and can't wait to see you! I am so thankful you have Denetta and Amy there helping you and of course taking care of your feet. :) I love you!

Jeanne said...

Oh G...you are just full of surprises aren't you! Hope you are doing much much better and be back in action really soon. I've got you in my prayers. Love ya!